Monday, January 12, 2009

My Birthday- Summer in Winter!!

Whoaaaa what a day!! Firstly, I couldnt really grasp the whole extra-long birthday, so it didnt feel right talking about my birthday when, in Austrian time, it wasnt :P

Secondly, I cant believe im 20 years old. Jeeeeeez!

Thirdly, and this was my favourite part. My darling friends here are way too cute. Anna, Sarah and Ky-unit were gonna come over and say happy birthday at 12, but i was tired and two of them were too, but Ky came over and was so sweet, we discussed wrinkles and aging... Then Jordi shows up at my door with cake (from Spain!!), two cards (Ace, my nickname) and this FANTASTIC cd called Rhythms Del Mundo, which is some of my favourite songs REMIXED to the Buena Vista Social Club!!! AHHHH!!!!!!! I was so happy and suprised, it was so thoughtful!! And the cake- so good!

Anyway, day was lovely, SUCH good weather (all things considered, like, the fact that it was covered in SNOW!) I went into Salzburg to find some decorations for the party, Summer themed!! Everyone in NZ was telling me how lovely the weather was, 30 degrees, sunny, bla bla bla

I got lots of things, it was so nice cos i really didnt expect anything, just one hella-good party!! I got Spanish cake and this awesome CD from Jordi, then he and Oriol got me a Football Club Barcelona shirt (not cheap!) AND got my name and 20 on the back!! hehe i was so happy... Anna made me cupcakes that looked like eggs (the icing) cos eggs are my favourite food, and MAN so super yummy, and she got me this necklace ive loved for ages :) Ky got me little gifts from Venice and Florence i didnt go there, and chocolate, i got a clock from Venice (special glass, so pretty), a diary from Portugal, these really cute bracelets, LOTS of wine, chocolate and lollies, and a voucher for this store I like :) Ma gave me money, Dad got me my camera when he came over here, I was very spoilt :)

We had the BEST Party!!! Started in my room about 8, Marcin all dressed like an Aussie with his boardies, open shirt, 'beach hair' and sunnies, I was in my swimsuit and had my footless tan tights on, to give the illusion that i had sock tan!! (When, in reality, i have no tan anywhere...) Anna brought over the cupcakes and we all drank and ate Eggs :P We went to the common room, where lots of other people were sitting down, and so we just plugged in the music and started celebrating :)

The highlights for me were going outside and taking photos of all of us in the snow; Jordi, Marcin and Roger running through the snow in their underwear; making snow angels; and having Happy Birthday sung to me five times- three in English, once in German, and once in Norwegian!

No comments: