Friday, January 30, 2009

My future...

Being in Austria, i've figured out a couple of things. Parents, if you read this, please dont hate me and these plans are not finalised or concrete in any way. But, I do want to fulfill them as best I can, because at the end of the day, I live once and once only as me, and I want to have the best life so when im old and cant walk, I have interesting stories to tell :)

The way i see it, I dont want to stay in NZ forever. I want to come back to Europe. To see all I can and experience all I can and meet all the people I can. Ok, so I graduate with a degree in Communications. I would hope that could get me somewhere. But, at the same time, I do NOT want to end up in my 30s with a fat ass resenting the last 10 years of my life.

I wont be in Europe forever either. I will work here, I will travel, and I will return to NZ or Australia or somewhere, and settle. But, while im young, agile and silly, I want to make the most of my chances.

So, when I get back to New Zealand on Feb 25th 2009, I need to do a few things:
  • JOIN A GYM!!!!! Im so unfit its ridiculous
  • Find a babysitting job
  • Set up my own house-sitting service
  • Sort out my uni timetable so I can fit working at Trends around that
  • Get a car!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and go on a road trip-- tan??!)
  • And, eventually, graduate...
I think that, if I can get paid to look after peoples houses, and babysit on top of that, and then work saturday or one day a week at Trends, ill be good.

In my final year of Comms, I need to work on doing my best, but also having a good time this year. No holding back. I need to explore my country, hang with my family, party with my friends, and then, in 2010- im getting back into SAVINGS FOR EUROPE!!!!!!!

The countdown is on, baby!

No comments: