Monday, November 17, 2008

DADS IN SALZBURG!!!!!!!

YAAAAY!!!!!!!!!! DADS HERE!!!!!!!

Roger and I went this morning to pick him up-- had a few dilemmas (we left late, and missed the Flughafen/Airport turnoff, raced to get there by 9:20 and realised as we ran inside that the flight arrived at 9:40....)

So, he arrived safe and sound, and I could see him through the glass which was so cool, we did the whole silent-excitement hand gestures :P

After the meet and hug and introduction, we loaded the bags into the car and made our first move to Germany, to the amazing cheap supermarket. There, we had some bread roll thing with this sausage patty, which was suprisingly nice... We did the shopping, came back into Austria (haha), drove to Urstein, I loaded up my cupboards & fridge and Dad fell asleep on my bed. He looked exhausted, poor Pappy :(




He woke up at about 3pm, and we ran to catch the train to Europark. He had inspected all my crockery, and was dissatisfied with my one pan and one pot :P We went to Ikea and found a €5 Wok, and a "good" knife (still dont know what was wrong with my ones!) and two good bowls, yay!! Then we wandered round Europark, which is essentially a better-designed Westfield :P

We went into Interspar to get some herbs, and happened to stumble across the alcohol section... Where Dad proceeded to get me 4 bottles of delicious red wine, + 3 bottles of spirits- Jagermeister, Vanilla Vodka & Baileys!!! Dad asked what Roger was doing for dinner, because as we were locating the hotel, we drove past "Poseidon" restaurant, and Food-loving Roger went on about how much he liked Greek food... So I gave him a ring, and he came and picked us up and we went out to dinner.

It was so lovely in there, aside from the smokers... The whole place was beautiful and I was in great company! We ordered three entree's, with lots of little Greek bits and pieces, and very nice beer :) We also ordered another Gyros (Rogers fave) to share for a main, and, believe it or not, Roger's monster appetite was full! After dinner, we were going to have a wander around the Old Town, but I could see Dad was tired, and my headache was still lingering. So we all went to our respective homes, ready for tomorrow :)




At 8:25am, I woke up. DAMMIT!! I was supposed to be on the 8:22 train!! My phone had fallen off the table and the battery had fallen out... So, I got ready and made it onto the 9:22 train, then bused from the HBF to Reichenhaler Strasse, just through the tunnel from the Old Town! By the time I got there and hung about with Dad for a bit, it was 11:45, so instead of having breakfast, we did a bit of a tour around the Old Town, so Dad could get a feel for this beautiful city that I live in :)




Also, I had my NEW CAMERA!! The best Christmas present ever-- Nikon D60 Gold :D So I was shooting left right and centre, everything I saw :) It wasnt the best day, Saturday was super and we were lucky with the weather. Today is cloudy, and even though sometimes the sun comes out, as soon as you say it, its gone again... But thats ok, because we still had a great day, wandering out and about. I think we managed to walk most of the streets in the Old Town at least once! We went to Spaghetti & Co. for a yummy Italian lunch of Crema de Pomodore soup, Passionara Pizza and some amazing wine :)





We went up to the Museum de Modern Mönchsberg, the one on top of the hill. The exhibitions in the MdM were amazing, i LOVED "Two Mountains" by Balthasar Burkhard & Naoya Hatakeyama. Hatakeyama's photos were FANTASTIC! He shot the Bern Alps in Switzerland, and they are amazing. My favourite was this big white, seemingly empty photograph, then you see five little figures tramping in the snow!! So cool...

The other great thing about Mönchsberg was the view! You can see the clear difference between new Salzburg and the Old Town, its so great. We arrived at the museum about 4pm, and at 6pm we went for a coffee in the restaurant, and all the lights of Salzburg were on, and OH! It was so beautiful! Im really glad Dad got to see Salzburg bei nacht :)



After we came down from the Museum, we went back to Dads hotel where he gave me a very intense back massage, to fix me. I was in agony, but, at the end i was so happy and my headache was gone! He is amazing, and I promise I will never complain about your massages again Dad! :P

We went to Indigo for a light dinner, I was exhausted so I caught the bus then train back to Puch and got stuck into the presentation for Design Compilation that was due today... And it went well, then I had Materials & Ausdruck which also went well :D

Here are a few more pictures from the weekend to round off the blog :)










I love you Daddy! Thanks for coming, you're the best, all my love :)
xoxoxox

No comments: