Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Life and other such lovlies

Ich hatte ein gutes Wochenende! Considering the circumstances, it being the first weekend Miss America was missing :(

Friday night, as previously mentioned, we had the super-dooper Halloween party...

I woke up on Saturday ready to rock and roll, aka clean the common room and the leftovers from the "bonfire" outside. Then I went back to sleep for a doze, and woke up when my doorbell buzzed really loud and for a long time :( Turns out, everyone, including Freddie who was the most far gone last night (aside from Robert, which is a give in...) was downstairs and all the mess was gone... Aaaaaand it was 1:30pm... Oops!

So the rest of the day was spent... doing stuff... We did attempt a game of Volleyball some time in the afternoon. Freddie walked on up with a beer in hand, and after complaining where mine was, he got me one too :P The highlight of the match came with the first ball, which proceeded to hit Freddie's beer that he had placed right on the corner of the second court, almost begging to be knocked over. Which it did. Silje did run to rescue it though, and he got to enjoy half his Steigl :)

That night we went bowling, which was so much fun! I suck quite a lot, and a lot of my first attempts went into the gutter with a loud THUD as it hit the lane... Oops! But, all things considered, and possibly due to the fact that in the 8th game Javi arrived and mein Mann saved mein bacon by bowling very well (we make a great team)... I won!!! Then we played a second match with the others who had arrived, Javi of course sticking with me, and we owned again!!! It was lots of fun, except the room was SO smokey already, and then they turned on the smoke machines!! We're going to go another night and really have a whole night of dinner, bowling then clubbing, because this place is pretty pumping, and most of the people are our age...

Another funny moment, we went to McD's to sort out our travel plans home slash get a McFlurry (thats right!! they have them here!! so so good!). Anyway! Normally they have this machine that mixes the yummy smarties with the ice cream, and Anna always gets hers with caramel and its never been a problem. Except for this joint, where apparently Hell has to freeze over before this dude would do that. According to McDonalds Law, you could get "Cornetto with chocolate, cornetto with strawberry, cornetto with caramel, FLAKE with chocolate, flake with straw...." SHUT UP! So then he makes Anna's McFlurry - ohne Karamell - and then turns his back to the counter and... MIXES IT BY HAND!!!!!!! I was watching him do this, Anna saw it too, it was seriously either the funniest thing ever, or the most disgusting! Then he almost did it to mine too, and i yelled at him not to. So disturbing!!! But also, looking back, very funny. Stupid McDonalds minger.

Anywho, Sunday was my super dooper day of awesomeness, i loved my Sunday. I woke up at 9am and Robert, Anna, Kylea and I went to Hallein (the next little town next to Puch) to meet Marcin and go to the Flohmarkt. It was full of old people selling their treasures, everything smelt like moth balls, and it was great. One guy had a gramophone that STILL worked, it was great! He played us this great old piece of music, i could have stood there for hours listening...

We got back about 11:30am, and, as I was fed up with my dirty floor, i attacked the dust with the vacuum, sponge (for windowsills and other flat surfaces) (mum, i hope you're reading this!) and then!! The ultimate-- I got my old rubbish bin, filled it with water, got all the things off the floor, and proceeded to scrub and wipe my floor with Spray and Wipe and a brush! It took the best part of 90 minutes, but it was SO worth it. Now i have a note up on my wall as people walk in- "Bitte ziche deine Schuhe aus :)" (it is also in French and Spanish too :P)

After, I joined Michael and the other boys for a lovely game of Volleyball- ich spiele volleyball gern :) It was so much fun, and, for once, i didnt hit too many wayward balls!! (As is often the way I play...) OHH! highlight of my game was definately beating Andi and "spiking" the ball and winning the point for my team... Albeit he had his back turned, but that doesnt count, I still beat him. Had to pretend I was Tasha for a sec and told him to "FOCUS!!"

After volleyball was over at about three, I was in the mood for a bike ride. Andi, the lovely guy that he is, lent me his, and even though he is 10 feet taller than me, I just managed to fit on his bike (at a stretch...) So off i toddled down to the river, then got really enthusiastic (and the river smelt bad) so I rode really fast, and got to the bridge near Hallein! Then i glanced at my watch, and was thought- shit, ive been riding for Ages!! As it said 4:30... So i hoofed it back down the other side of the river, raced inside, worrying that I would miss the one hourly train back to Hallein to see Marcin-- I had a date with his television for the last F1 race of the season...

As i got home, I realised my watch was an hour fast, because i hadnt changed it after Daylight saving... DAMMIT!! Oh well, all in all, a great hour long bike ride :P

So I caught the 4:36 train to Hallein, and saw Marcin, went to his house and bit my nails for two hours while Lewis Hamilton and Filipe Massa fought it out for the F1 World Championship... I love Lewis, and wanted him to win so bad, but it was so hard to understand what was going on because all the commentary was in German... BUT!! I did understand the rain and the changing of tires and stuff, and it was all very tense, but HAMILTON WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So i was super dooper happy, I even called Cameron to celebrate with him, considering he's my F1 Midnight Trooper...


Anyway, that was the end of my awesome weekend. Good times...

Oh! Just a quick update on classes too- We just got given out "final assignment" for photography (which is, realistically speaking, the first and only, because the last one was like "shoot a roll of black and white film between four of you!") This one is SOOOOOO great, the teachers a PUBLISHED photographer, and his work is great- he did a book called Higley, and explained his inspiration and stuff, i was so impressed even though the photos seem a bit plain...

Anyway! The assignment is rad- Shoot a 20 to 30 photo series of a situation or story that is explained through your eyes, like, from your perspective. It could be of someone, something, somewhere, ANYTHING! im super excited :)

And for Concept Development, Till went to Vienna to a conference of all these TV artsy people, and met this producer for a cultural channel in Germany, which broadcasts to Switzerland and Austria as well! And we've got the opportunity to create concepts for short films, and three will be picked and produced and FH Salzburg will have a contract with this TV station!! YAAY!!! It can also intermix film with photography and digital media, so thats extra great :D

The basis of the film had to be "The Other View" so MindFunk came up with a concept that tells the story in reverse time. In short, its through the lense of a camera, that is flying in outter space, and then zooms in and you realise theres been an explosion, and its flying towards it, into earth, then it cuts to a dropped coffee cup. In reverse you see the coffee cup falling back up to the table, and on the cup it reads "Bush for a third term". The film ends with a clapperboard on time 00:00:00 and the writing "Final take", symbolising that if George Bush got a third term, this is what would happen...

Das ist alles fürs Erste :D

P.S Learnt today that "Ich muchte (?) im Badezimmer gehen" means "I need to go to the bathroom" - a very important line to know, ha ha ha

No comments: