Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Skiing!


Thats right team, Sunday and Tuesday afternoon I spent on the slopes of Planai, in Schladming.

On Sunday, there was a lot of snow and thus a lot of bumps and my boots hurt a lot, and it was also very steep!.. BUT! After i loosened my boots, got used to these weird ski's, and stopped trying to impress the others and just have fun (ha ha) then I had a whale of a time!! Hamish, who had just completed a snowboarding lesson with Andi) and I chilled it for the last few runs, going down at our own speed, and eventually managing the whole (supermassive) run with no stops, bails (on his part) or snow plows (on my part!) WOOHOO!!!


Today however, there was the opposite of Sunday! (minus the steepness, that was still there...) The snow was all packed, it had been moved and flattened and smoothed, to the point where it was so icy, eeek!!!

I did a few runs with the others, who are all super good- Rogers the only one on my level, but he's a boy and pushes himself like crazy- so I toddled off in search of trails I wanted to ski... What a great idea!! I had whole runs to myself!! look!!



Oh!! And this is the ONE other skiier on the mountain worse than me!! Although I tie with Roger, because he bailed twice :P


Anyway! It was insane, and it was so lovely up there, it wasnt windy so it was quite warm, and I could trundle along at my own leisurely pace :D

So that was my first and second skiing experience in Austria, and I cant wait for more!! I plan on coming back a pro ;)

No comments: